October 14, 2011

A Book Recommendation

The Boy in the Striped PajamasThe Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne


It's about a nine year old boy named Bruno whose family is relocated from their Berlin home because of his fathers new job as a commandant . He explains what it is like living in .....Out With . Can you guess where that is?

Anyway he meets a boy who lived on the other side of the fence and they become friends even though they would both be in trouble if the soldiers or his father knew about it . He manages to keep it a secret but tells his sister that he has an imaginary friend .

At one point it brought tears to my eyes when Bruno gave his new friend some food in the kitchen and when he got caught he told the soldier that he had never seen Shmuel before, which was a lie and it kind of reminded me of Peter denying Jesus .

It is a very carefully written story about how the Nazis treated Jews . Of course we see it through the eyes of a naive child named Bruno but that is what I liked about it.

I recommend it and I hope to watch the movie as well .

View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!