October 2, 2011

My Middle Name

I quite like my middle name ; it's "awesome". I was named after St. Thérèse of Lisieux also known as 'the little flower' therefore my middle name is Thérèse with the accents and all except I'm not religious but it makes me feel that I am loved just the same. For those who don't know her she became a nun at 15 in 1888 , and was only 24 when she died of tuberculosis . The Church honors her by declaring her to be a doctor of the Church in 1997 by Pope John Paul II. You can read her autobiographical 'Story of a Soul ' here and all I know is she loved Our Lord a whole lot , which is inspiring but I am not as obedient or even "good" for that matter, although I did get pleurisy not tuberculosis but she died and I am still alive . Obviously, she had a very close and personal (intimate) relationship with Jesus , and I don't, so ya I consider her as one who was married to Christ even at a young age .
Her mother died when she was a child and I was abandoned by my mother at age 15 . Other than that I don't think I have much in common with the saint *shrugs

Oh and FYI :p her feast was just yesterday October 1st . The church commemorates their death not their birth.

St. Thérèse Quote taken from The Story of A Soul:
“I assure you that the good Lord is much kinder than you can imagine. He is satisfied with a glance, with a sigh of love… In regard to myself, I find it easy to practice perfection, because I have learned that the way to Jesus is through His Heart. Consider a small child who has vexed his mother by a display of bad temper or disobedience. If the child hides in a corner through fear of punishment, he feels that his mother will not forgive him. But if instead, he extends his little arms towards her and with a smile cries out: ‘Love, kiss me, mamma, I will not do it again,’ will not his mother press the little one to her heart with tenderness, and forget what the child has done? And yet, though she knows very well that her dear little one will misbehave again at the first opportunity, that means nothing if the child appeals to her heart. He will never be punished…”



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!