October 3, 2011

Tearjerker Books

I hate this because I have never read a book that made me cry . I need to read one. It was pretty frustrating growing up because I was very slow at comprehending what I read and it discouraged me from reading books. I must say archie comics is what first sparked my interest in the english language; it's how I learnt to read english ; so I cannot give school the credit for that.

Lucky for me , I think I have overcome my comprehension disability and I can pretty much decipher what the hell I'm reading now. I don't know about school books because if you don't understand something you probably wouldn't know what you are reading to begin with .

Anyway I still have to concentrate by re-reading paragraphs and sentences over: some of us aren't born genius; and it's funny because I was a very good reader just unable to comprehend what I was reading and I could spell 100% correctly .

Having an audience made it all worthwhile and I started to like reading again . I use to read bedtime stories to my kids and I loved Robert Munsch but I don't remember ever reading anything that brought me to tears . I hear the boy in the striped pyjamas is a tearjerker though.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!