November 6, 2011

Holiday Plans


O Come, Let Us Adore Him

Whenever I put a little Christ into Christmas the whole idea of the holiday seems more meaningful as it should be.

It starts with Advent beginning November 27.

Looking forward to the birth of Jesus Christ takes preparedness and that is why we have four weeks to prepare. The ritual of lighting candles on the advent wreath before dinner in the evening influences and inspires our thoughts and actions to welcoming peace and joy into our hearts that most people are lacking at this particular time of year .

Christmas doesn't need to be celebrated with grandiosity but with thoughtful humility to the point of transparency; like the babe in the manger.

This Christmas I hope to spend some time with family but what stresses me out about the holidays is having to buy gifts . Everything is so expensive but I like seeing all the christmas bling and decor in the malls if only just to look at . I have already thought of the things I want but cant afford; like a $500 vitamix blender .The most I can afford on a gift is about $50.

I like spending $30 on a samaritans purse shoe box or adopt a family then worry about everyone else .

I guess I have been making some plans .

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!