December 15, 2011

A Love Story How God Pursued Me and Found Me: An Impossibly True Story

A Love Story How God Pursued Me and Found Me: An Impossibly True Story by Samantha Ryan Chandler
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In an attempt to describe her life experiences , a terrible divorce and how she coped with it Samantha's story lacked in detail . I would have liked to know more about her. I felt it exaggerated, calling her ex Darth Vader and herself , Pollyanna. I understand the need to come up with metaphors but Darth Vader? Lol! It's hard to believe she's a Pollyanna as well. I'm not trying to be mean however I don't get the sense that the author is innocent . Losing her 3 girls, he(DV) made them think she was an unfit mother, which I can sympathize with .

I'm glad the author found writing about her life , cathartic, as she will tell you herself that she wrote the book to herself and told her friends "Please do not read my book!" I assume she didn't want to face ridicule. It's understandable. I wouldn't trust my heart to strangers but I do commend her for writing a book.

I can't say I can relate or understand what growing up with an abusive mother is like . It's unfortunate that some kids are left when there is real abuse and some kids are taken when there isn't.

I don't know how I ended up with a copy but it came in the mail yesterday and I regret throwing the package out. I don't remember ordering it .

Another thing was, I didn't really appreciate reading whole chapters of scripture. If I wanted to read the bible I would.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!