December 22, 2011

The Holidays Are Here! Bring on the Nog!!

I love Eggnog! When I pour myself a cup,  it's an immediate pleasure. The rich, thick, creamy substance made with cloves and nutmeg puts me in a trance until the last drop, and I close my eyes in ecstasy. I am not vegan but this replacement raw healthy version is something to consider.

Holiday Nog


Ingredients:
1 cup almonds, soaked for 3 hours
¼ cup cashews, soaked for 3 hours
2½ cups filtered water
3 frozen bananas, cut into chunks
8 dates, soaked and pits removed
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
? teaspoon Himalayan salt


Directions:

1. Blend the nuts and water, and strain out nut pulp using a nut milk bag.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the nut milk and blend until creamy smooth.
Sprinkle a dash of nutmeg on top, and enjoy!

Happy Holidays!

For the 12 days of Raw Christmas, click here 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!