December 20, 2011

What Ever Happens to Jacob Marley's Ghost?

A Christmas CarolA Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Kindle Edition, 80 pages
Published August 11th 2004 by Public Domain Books (first published 1843)

I watched a favorite film version of "A Christmas Carol " (Albert Finney Scrooge) right after I finished reading the ebook. Personally I have always found it a little boring but what do I know ? I still really liked it as it is a christmas classic and would probably have never known scrooge otherwise.
I wonder what ever happens to Jacob Marley's Ghost? Does he ever get released from his chains for coming to warn his fellow friend of a fate like his? He must have cared enough about scrooge and wouldn't that be enough to warrant his salvation? I can't believe Jacob was in hell because I always thought once you are in hell you cannot get out but then again what do I know ?
Anyway I will assume everyone has heard of this story and will just say in the words of Tiny Tim "God bless Us, Every One!"
Favorite quotes

  • I have endeavoured in this Ghostly little book, to raise the Ghost of an Idea, which shall not put my readers out of humour with themselves, with each other, with the season, or with me.
  • "If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."
View all my reviews
From Fuzzy.Coffee.Books Trivia Question # 7 
Q: How long did it take Charles Dickens to write "A Christmas Carol?" 
A: Six Weeks! 

A Christmas Carol 

by Dean Morrissey
Scrooge was a miser. His money was his life. Then, one Christmas Eve, Scrooge received a trio of visitors who showed him not only the true meaning of Christmas, but the true meaning of life....As Scrooge leaves for home on that fateful Christmas Eve he seemingly heads away from the light and joy of the holiday represented by both the carolers and a Father Christmas further down the street. Yet, these are actually his first steps towards redemption.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!