January 26, 2012

Unearthly

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't like it as much as others are saying . I only gave it 3 stars . In fact it was too slow a read for me . It lacked excitement and sometimes too contrived.

   *My Review Contains Spoilers*

The story was about a teenage girl who discovers she is an angel-blood aka Nephilim . Ok while the bible does mention them as strong and heroistic--Genesis 6:4 Clara also has wings. She's a Quartarius . I don't believe angels have wings but are more like babies sans wings. I also have heard that some of the higher hierarchy of angels stand taller than a 30 story building like St. Michael the Archangel.
Anywho, one day as she was standing in the kitchen she experiences a vision about a fire , and ....a boy . She talks to her mother who is also a half angel (Dimidius), and she tells Clara that it is part of her purpose in life to find out what this vision reveals and it is very important to pay attention to all the details . They suddenly pack up everything and move to a place where lodgepole pines grow in Wyoming. They find the perfect house and Clara and her brother Jeffrey enroll in Jackson Hole High School.

Her vision also reveals a truck and license plate which leads her to Christian . UGH! Of all the names ! :p

She ends up falling in love with Tucker and I'm glad she can follow her heart . I don't know why Clara didn't recognize Christian was a Nephilim to begin with but the whole story and purpose was based on her thinking she had to save Christian from a fire . That was kind of stupid and I knew it wasn't going to happen that way because neither Christian or Clara were there to save each other. It seemed like a cruel joke to play and even though I wasn't too crazy about the book, it does have a very nice cover, I am curious to see what happens in the next installment : Hallowed.
View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!