April 8, 2012

Gardening Experience

Kitchen Garden
Just for fun. In Zeralda when we were kids we lived in a villa that had an outside garden with a little bit of dirt and we used to spit our watermelon seeds there and grew watermelon unintentionally!. Before we knew it we had small watermelon the size of a cantaloupe.. Another time I grew potatoes on the side of my townhouse. I was composting actually.

Recently I thought of growing a hydroponic garden in our community. I actually entered The Aviva Community Fund contest in order to get funds to grow a hydroponic garden in our community.The problem with living in the city is not having enough space to grow a decent size garden. Hydroponics is an ideal way to grow your own food where it doesn't take up a lot of space. Heck you can do this in your own basement or on a balcony but unfortunately not many people know how to start one.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!