November 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday [Nov 13]

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser:

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
"She'd wanted to believe that they could be trusted to have some humanity. They were soldiers, not brute killers, and not wild animals, either, whose appetites functioned beyond the reach of reason."

- Days of Blood and Starlight page 222-223

8 comments :

  1. Welcome to Teaser Tuesday.

    That is a very teaser-ish selection. Mine is from a dragon-related alternate history.: http://eyesandearsblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Days of Blood and Starlight so much! My teaser last week was from that novel actually! Here's ours from this week! http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=11454

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, sounds intense. Good tease.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how is Blood and Starlight?? I didn't realize that it had come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mei, I'm only on page 84 and I like it so far!

      Delete
  5. Hmm so is she right? What will happen to humanity? Great teaser!

    http://readingcave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing this sentence is referring to her resurrectionists. Ya she's doing what Brimstone used to do. Like I said I'm only on page 84. The war isn't with humanity but the Chimaera are fighting the Astrae Angels.

      Thanks for dropping by guys!

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to starting this series this week. Great teaser.

    Here's mine:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday-4-lost-prince.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!