November 13, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday

Cambria Hebert

Tell Me Something:

What kinds of paranormal creatures do you wish you could read more of? Are there any that you think are overdone?

There is one paranormal creature that I haven't read more about . Werecats. I've only seen them in Rachel Vincent's Shifter series. I think they are pretty cool and can fight really well but they are helpless when it comes to those birds. What are they again?


Thunderbirds! Another paranormal creature and they are awesome! They have a large upper torso with short tiny legs but when they shapeshift they have talons and a beac with a gigantic wing span of course, and live high up on a mountain in a big birdhouse lol.

Speaking about strange paranormal creatures, Thiago and Brimstone and Madrigal from Daughter of Smoke and Bones are wierd. They call themselves the Chimaera but I think when it comes to Thiago and Brimstone they are part demon as well. I've never heard of the chimaera before but in the book they have horns like a goat.

Pegasus Drawn by [Cyorstag]

I like fantasy creatures such as the Centaur. I've seen them in Harry Potter and The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe.  I would also like to read more about Pegasus related creatures. I think it would be cool to have a horse that flies and be able to ride it like Hercules did.

Neaera


I don't know the difference between a nymph and a faery yet but we don't hear too much about Nymphs. I was a dark nymph once for halloween. Faeries are way popular from Lord of the Rings to Karen Marie Monings Fever Series. I like them but we don't need more of them . We don't need more Angels either . Heck there were a lot of fairy folk in H.P. Mallory's Jolie Wilkins series too.



J.L Bryan writes a good faery tale in his series Songs of Magic. I would also like to see more of Mermaids and Mermans. The only one I've read about is the popular Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Half man/woman half fish I guess :)

4 comments :

  1. your blog is so pretty! I love the header and the snowflakes, it really gets me in the spirit of the holidays!
    What great answers this week! You mention some great paranormal creatures and I have barely read any of them. I really need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone... it has really caught my attention. I love all the pictures you added into your post. Thank you for joining this week! I hope to see you in the upcoming weeks of TMST - we are doing a whole holiday themed month in Dec.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by Cambria. I'll look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you did three memes! The mermaid books went crazy this summer, there was Of Poseidon, Mondtrous Beauty, Vicious Deep,and a couple of others that were big, oh and Lies Beneath, I liked Of Posedion and have not read Mostrous Beauty. I need to check out JL Bryan's Thunder series oh and if you want a great mythological creature the Thunder Tiger in Stormdancer is just awesome. Loved that book! So glad you are participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Stormdancer in my hands and I'll have to check out the other ones but what do you mean I did three memes?

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog!