May 3, 2013

A to Z Reflection


Well it's the 3rd day in May and you ask for an A to Z Challenge reflection. Soooo...here it is .
This was my second year I signed up for the A to Z Blogging Challenge. My theme focused on book characters in the entire Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward.

I made an A to Z list of characters and scheduled all my posts, that way, it's easier to edit and write the letter of the day in advance. You don't even need to write anything as long as you have a title . It also makes me feel more organized.

If you don't know how to do that here is a blog tutorial on how to schedule your posts.

So anyway, I'm glad I'm not going for popularity because I fail at it so badly. I didn't think my posts were that exciting or very creative either, but at least a character was portrayed for each letter and it did take time to put together. Through the process I read the novella about Zhadist and Bella and their daughter Nalla and re-read Lover Awakened and Lover Reborn. So I did study up on my subjects :p

The best part was, I met some fabulous peeps. Laeli (is a beautiful name) who blogs about her adventures in running. I met her pretty early in the challenge because she was listed in the 1300's roughly the same block I was in lol.  She also visited me and commented even though paranormal romance isn't her type of genre, she still made the effort to comment on my blog and I appreciate that so much . I also love her posts. She is from Edmonton I think? I'm from Calgary and I know I was meant to discover her because I needed to start exercising and her blog has very useful and interesting information.

Another blogger I met personifies a cute little hedgehog. His name is John Boswell. I think he's a character in some book he helped put together. Click here to see I enjoyed reading his blog and commented on his fancy food of the day.

Samantha May @writingforcollege says: "It's okay to zag when everyone else zigs." That's the story of my life and damn straight it is! She is studying for her psychology degree and wants to be a writer and has some pretty good and sometimes practical advice to share . I thought it was brilliant!

If you haven't visited these blogs than allow me to encourage you to click on their blog links and tell them I said hello.

Well, the opportunity to participate in this years A to Z Challenge has come and gone and I want to thank  everyone who added their blog to the longest linky list I've ever been a part of or seen for that matter .

Kudos to The Warrior Muse (Shannon Lawrence) and Cruising Altitude 2.0 (DL Hammons) for doing a bang up job hosting and commenting on my blog :)

5 comments :

  1. Hi Jackie,
    Well Done!!!
    Keep it up
    What a tedious job it is!!! LOL
    Well written piece even at the closing and at the reflection side,
    Good
    Keep inform
    Good Wishes
    Keep in touch
    I am
    Phil @ Philipscom
    An ambassador to A to Z Challenge @ Tina's Life is Good
    And My Bio-blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met so many nice people and visited some truly awesome blogs!! I had a good time too, and look forward to next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to hug you.

    I really enjoyed your posts, you introduced me to something new and it was always a pleasure to read what you wrote. You strike me as a thoughtful person, and I could tell you put a lot of energy into each piece. Your light and personality shone through it all. Not only that, your blog is visually gorgeous!

    I one hundred percent admire that the story of your life is zagging when everyone else zigs. That makes you extra special.

    You remembered right! Can you see me waving from Edmonton? We're neighbours, too bad I can't send you some of this delicious cake I'm baking :)

    Off to visit the blogs you recommended...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on surviving the A to Z Blog Challenge. Its not an easy one if you haven't prepared. Thanx for popping in for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You survived!!

    Good for you for being organized with your posts. I had it organized the first two weeks, but then kind of had to pants my way through the last bit :P

    Thanks for the shout out! So glad you enjoyed my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!