July 19, 2013

Friday Finds - War of the Fae

FRIDAY FINDS… is where you share the book titles you discovered or heard about during the past week. These can be books you were told about, books you discovered while browsing blogs/bookstores online, or books that you actually purchased.

I found THESE this week when I was browsing .
A 4-book Young Adult Fantasy Series



Thanks to Booknerd for recommending The War of the Fae series by Elle Casey. What she said really caught my attention:
"this is by far the funniest I've ever read. You may actually pee your pants laughing (not that I would know anything about that lol)! I was so intertwined in the story, that I read all four books in 24 hours. The story follows Jayne (a self-professed bad ass) and a cast of hot guys, on their path to self discovery in the Fae life.
And Spike could work his powers on me any day :P!"

I am eager to read it now. You'd never guess it was funny by judging the book by it's cover right? Everyone seems to love it so I hope I do too. You can get The Changelings for free on Amazon Kindle . Here is an excerpt from Goodreads

The Changelings (War of the Fae, #1)War of the Fae#1 The Changelings
Genre: YA Contemporary Fantasy series, written for older teens and adults.

Jayne Sparks, a potty-mouthed, rebellious seventeen-year-old and her best friend, shy and bookish Tony Green, have a pretty typical high school existence, until several seemingly unrelated incidents converge, causing a cascade of events that change their lives forever. Jayne and Tony, together with a group of runaway teens, are hijacked and sent into a forest, where nothing and no one are as they seem. Who will emerge triumphant? And what will they be when they do?     **No sex or drugs. Yes, contains some violence and foul language - some might say excessive foul language. Not meant for middle-grade readers (less than 15 years of age).**
For more info on how you can purchase these books visit the author's website ElleCasey.com or just click the picture next to this text

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!