January 12, 2015

So, what's YOUR favorite quote this week?

The Booktastic quote I chose is from my current read Dark Skye by Kresley Cole.

If there is one thing I've come to recognize about the Immortals After Dark books, is that they always begin with two creatures of the Lore violently hating each other almost to the death. If it weren't for one claiming the other as his/her mate i.e "Mine", they would absolutely tear each other to pieces! Yes. In Dark Skye I am finally coming to understand why it's so; making the romance hard earned and fun. It used to be that I hated all the contention but Kresley Cole is a writing genius. The fighting and bad behavior between two Loreans like Melanthe and Thronos is because of the Accession! The gods and goddesses are having a heydey! Meanwhile, Nix the ever-knowing is playing matchmaker lol. Normally Vrekeners and Sorcerei do not belong together. I didn't get it until I read Dark Skye! Did anyone else get that about why the romance always started off volatile? In the first book, The Warlord Wants Forever, I understood it, I think, but as the series went on it became a troubling and monotonous theme. I didn't care what the reason was*shrugs.

Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark #14)Excerpted from

THE LIVING BOOK OF LORE. . .

The Accession
"And a time shall come to pass when all immortal beings in the Lore, from the Valkyrie, vampire, Lykae, and demon factions to the witches, shifters, fey, and sirens...must fight and destoy each other."
  • A kind of mystical checks and balances system for an ever growing population of immortals.
  • Two major alliances: The Pravus Rule and the Vertas League.
  • Occurs every five hundred years. Or right now...

1 comment :

Thanks for reading my blog!