January 20, 2017

Review: Blood On Snow

Buy On Amazon

Blood on Snow #1 by Jo Nesbø

Borrowed from the library 
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads Description

From the internationally acclaimed author of the Harry Hole novels—a fast, tight, darkly lyrical stand-alone novel that has at its center the perfectly sympathetic antihero: an Oslo contract killer who draws us into an unexpected meditation on death and love. This is the story of Olav: an extremely talented “fixer” for one of Oslo’s most powerful crime bosses. But Olav is also an unusually complicated fixer. He has a capacity for love that is as far-reaching as is his gift for murder. He is our straightforward, calm-in-the-face-of-crisis narrator with a storyteller’s hypnotic knack for fantasy. He has an “innate talent for subordination” but running through his veins is a “virus” born of the power over life and death. And while his latest job puts him at the pinnacle of his trade, it may be mutating into his greatest mistake.

My thoughts: 

Blood On Snow is a fast paced book that keeps you reading until the end. Never a dull moment.
If you were dyslexic, you would get two different stories for the price of one. That's an inside joke, and you need to read this story. The narrator Olav likes to read stories such as Les Miserable, but he writes slower than growing stalactites. I loved Olav! Even though he is a 'fixer' which means he kills people for money, I think he wanted to change his life and get away from Daniel Hoffman, his boss. His feelings for Maria Myriel was a huge surprise as well. I guess I was only seeing Corina and him. I think Blood On Snow is an amazing story and I like Jo Nesbo's writing style >.<

View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!