August 11, 2017

Madonna's Brother Lives To Tell

Life with My Sister Madonna

Life with My Sister Madonna by Christopher Ciccone


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love reading a good autobiography once in awhile, and Madonna has always intrigued me. I listened to her music growing up, and whenever I hear her early songs, it brings back feels and memories for me. For example: Like a Virgin, Holiday, Live to Tell. I must admit I do love her. Always have. I never knew her brother, so reading from his point of view is new and exciting I think.

It took awhile to finish this biography autobiography telling of Madonna from her brother's perspective. I felt sorry for him most of the time because I know how sisters can be. It mustn't have been that easy for Christopher Ciccone to be controlled by a control freak. I'm not sure if Madonna would be in a better position if it weren't for her brother. It sounds like Madonna very much used him and then abused him which lead to him writing this book as part of his therapy which Madonna paid for nonetheless.
I liked the family pictures and other photo references of Madonna's life and his.
I never knew Madonna had a brother who traveled and worked for her on tours nor had I known he was gay. I do remember how most of her dancers were gay yadda yada. Everyone knows, but her brother managed to keep aloof somehow at least he managed to stay unpopular which is sad in a way.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!