January 3, 2018

My Favorite... Book I Read in 2017

My Favorite.. is a weekly meme hosted by Maureen’s Books that started on Wednesday, January 4th, 2017. In this meme, we share every week something we love with each other. Because let’s face it... The world can be a dark place, and it’s to share something positive.

My favourite book I read in 2017 is hands down Lord of Shadows #2 in the Dark Artifices by Cassandra Clare. 


“Sometimes the most ruthless heart speaks the most truth” ― Cassandra Clare, Lord of Shadows
Here is my review of lots of spoilers

 “You’re Kit Herondale,” she said. “The lost Herondale.” “I didn’t realize I was lost,” said Kit. “I never felt lost.”

Kit is 15 yrs old. He never particularly cared about being a Shadowhunter, but he slowly changes his mind after he is taken in by the Blackthorn family and the Los Angeles Institute. I expect it was his father who kept Kit from knowing who he really was, but his father is dead now. He learns to steal to survive but has so much potential! I want to see him use his Nephilim gifts to the max. Annabel aka Lady Midnight is a character in Lord of Shadows. She was dead but the warlock, Malcolm Fade loves her and raises her from the dead, but in turn, kills him. Her role is very significant, for she now holds the Black Volume of the Dead with a lot of dark magic but promises a whole lot of answers. Anyhow, that book would be dangerous in the wrong hands. Annabel claims it belongs to her and will not give it up for no one. Not even Julien Blackthorn who is desperate to get his hands on it because he made a deal with the Seelie Queen that if he finds the black book, he is to hand it over to the Seelie Queen in exchange she would remove his parabatai bond, so it no longer threatens his relationship with Emma. Which means their love will not be deadly. That is how I understood it anyway. Parabatai’s are forbidden to fall in love. It doesn’t make much sense to me since what I believe, love probably includes a Parabatai bond Lmao! Anyway, Parabatai’s are not allowed to be romantically involved. Cassandra Clare whips my ass at storytelling :p

9 comments :

  1. I haven't read this series. I'm going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of her books. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter books starting with the Infernal Devices are the bomb diggity. You will fall in love with them

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of her books, but it sounds like great storytelling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great story to get lost in. If you like Vampires, werewolves, warlocks and Faeries. A whole lot of downworlders! But the shadowhunters are angelic beings. I love Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter world.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this one yet. But I can't wait to read it. I love Cassandra Clare and the Shadowhunter novels.
    My Favorite Book of 2017 was A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.
    Thank you so much for sharing your favorite and signing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved A Court of Thorns and Roses as well, but Idk, these books just became to wordy and boring. I don't know what happened

      Delete
  5. I read one book by Cassandra Clare years ago and enjoyed it. I haven’t read any paranormal romance lately but I will soon this year. Might be checking out your favorites as well. Thanks for sharing. ��❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!