February 28, 2018

WWW Wednesday


WWW Wednesday is a weekly book meme currently hosted by Sam @Taking on a World of Words. Each week there are three questions that we answer. What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading? What do you plan on reading next?

I am currently reading 

Heart of the Wolf by Terry Spear. It's ok, so far. I mean paranormal fantasy is what I usually like but the writing is an amateur, and I am finding it troubling when the wolf in human form still growls. It is bothering me that Devlyn has no clue what Volan, the Alpha male of the pack of grays, did to Bella, forcing her to run from him and Devlyn. I mean really? It makes it awkward when the audience knows more than the character, Devlyn who is clueless. It's frustrating to the point I want to shout "HE RAPED BELLA!" She doesn't want to marry the rotten sonofabitch Volan but loves Devlyn. Except Devlyn has to compete and fight Volan just to win Bella. Grrr. I am not impressed with neither of them so far.


What I recently finished reading

Written in Red by Anne Bishop. I listened to the book on audio. It was hard to understand what was happening at the beginning with Meg Corbyn and the massive world that was built around Elementals and Sanguinati living in Thasia? It was interesting, and I liked it.


What I plan on reading next. 

It's a tough choice. Iron Gold just came in the mail yesterday, and I want to read it so much but March Take control of your TBR challenge starts tomorrow and I don't know what to do. Should I just read Iron Gold and then The Bear and the Nightingale, The Return, and Tower of Dawn? I mean technically, Iron Gold is now part of my TBR shelf. 

12 comments :

  1. You blog is lovely. I like it. I will read someparanormals but not fantasy. My link ishttps://idahobluebird50.com/2018/02/28/wwws-wednesdays-february-28-2018/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! I love paranormal romance. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. I find myself so tempted by Written in Red! Good to know it was enjoyable. And hey... I'd go straight for Iron Gold. It'll bring you joy and invigorate all your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki, I think so too. I want to finish The Other books some day and I need all the invigorating I can get so yes I think I will read Iron Gold as soon as I finish Heart of the Wolf. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

      Delete
  3. It's been a little while since I've read paranormal and I need to get back into some - love your blog header! https://teripolen.com/2018/02/28/www-wednesday-what-am-i-reading-amreading-3/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't yet read Anne Bishop, but I love the look of Written in Red. Enjoy your reading...and deciding what to read next. Here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to read Iron Gold just as soon as I finish Heart of the Wolf. Written in Red was fun to listen to.

      Delete
  5. I want to read Written in Red too! The series is very popular, people love it. I'm curious why. Happy reading!

    My WWW post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, there are mixed reviews about it but what I've read so far, Written in Red is pretty good.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read Ann Bishop's books, but I've heard they're great. Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Written in Red sounds cool! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!