March 18, 2018

Review: Snared by Jennifer Estep

Snared (Elemental Assassin)

Snared (Elemental Assassin #16) 


Author: Jennifer Estep
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Buy on Amazon

Publisher's Summary

Another week, another few clues trickling in about the Circle, the mysterious group that supposedly runs the city’s underworld. Gathering intel on my hidden enemies is a painstaking process, but a more immediate mystery has popped up on my radar: a missing girl. My search for the girl begins on the mean streets of Ashland, but with all the killers and crooks in this city, I’m not holding out much hope that she’s still alive. A series of clues leads me down an increasingly dark, dangerous path, and I realize that the missing girl is really just the first thread in this web of evil. As an assassin, I’m used to facing down the worst of the worst, but nothing prepares me for this new, terrifying enemy—one who strikes from the shadows and is determined to make me the next victim.

Gin takes Finn with her on a mission to spy on a member of Ashland secret society (the Circle) Damian Rivera, hoping to get information about the people who had killed her family.
Gin has certainly become obsessed in her quest to learn the truth about who killed her mother and sister and to make them pay for their crimes.
" In a way, I supposed that I was just like Porter, forever dwelling on the past, obsessed with it even, and still SNARED in all the consequences of so many people's dark deeds, including my own."
When one thing leads to another; like investigating a girl who has gone missing. I have to say Gin makes a fantastic Sherlock Holmes detective in this one. Bravo Gin!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!