April 3, 2018

A to Z Challenge: The Letter C - Chester's Nightclub

My A to Z Challenge contains names, places and things that are found in a series of books called  The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. If you haven't read these books, which I recommend, please be aware there will be spoilers.

C is for Chester's Nightclub 

Fever Moon (Graphic Novel): Karen Marie Moning, Al Rio, Cliff Richards
When Dani gets mad at Ryodan (the owner of Chester's) for not telling her he was back in town? She lets him know by almost cramming her fist into his face but decides to kiss him with all her heart instead! in his office! in front of everyone! They clearly needed a private room.
I kissed him like he was the battlefield I was born to wage all my wars on. I kissed him like he was the only king this Amazon warrior might ever take her army into combat for. I kissed him like we were primal, lethal beasts, fearlessly stalking those violent, killing no-man-lands where angels feared to tread and I kissed him with a hunger that's never once been slaked, as I unleashed all the fire and fury and savagery in my soul and there is one fuck of a lot of it.- pg.167 HV by Karen Moning
She waited two years for him and though she missed him, she was also terribly pissed off and hurt that he hadn't come to her first. She stood outside Chesters watching construction workers rebuild the place.
While Ryodan was busy modifying Chesters, she was alone saving the city. Typical.

"I'd once despised Chesters, convicted Ryodan of catering to the wrong clientele. I see the place differently now.
As an asset."

Chester's Nightclub is an enormous underground club of chrome and glass located at 939 Rêvemal Street. Chester's is owned by one of Barron's associates, Ryodan.  The upper levels are open to the public; the lower level contains the Nine's residences and their private clubs. Since the walls between man and Fae fell, Chester's has become the hot spot in Dublin for Fae and humans to mingle.-Places | Karen Marie Moning, http://karenmoning.com/places/ (accessed March 20, 2018).

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!